Here are the answers to the questions you have been asking yourself about the NEWMAT stretch ceiling
The stretch ceiling is a real suspended ceiling, traditional in white matt or available in many different colors. It may have acoustic or anti-bacterial properties. It can be a plain flat ceiling or a 3 dimensional ceiling.
In any case, it is made to measure, prefabricated in our factory and installed by a professional.
The NEWMAT stretch ceiling is composed of three parts:
- The profile, which is placed on the wall or on the ceiling,
- The PVC membrane, joined together by high frequency welding
- The harpoon, which is fixed around the edge of the membrane and fits into the profile
The profiles are made of PVC or anodized aluminum.
Yes, the NEWMAT stretch ceilings are guaranteed for 10 years against seam ruptures.
A certified NEWMAT dealer-installer will:
- Draw a plan according to the measurements taken on site.
- Order the stretch ceiling made to measure in the NEWMAT factory (Lille, France). Each NEWMAT stretch ceiling is unique.
- Place the profiles on the walls and then fit the harpoon into the profile. This step takes place in a warm environment which softens the membrane and allows it to stretch.
Click here to discover each step of the installation of a NEWMAT stretch ceiling.
Yes, the NEWMAT stretch ceilings are washable. You can use a household cleaning agent or one of our NEWMAT products.